$50,000 to be awarded to five recipients for academic pursuits
The Eastern Hockey Federation Board of Directors is proud to announce the second season of the EHF Educational Scholarship program. Once again, The EHF will be awarding five $10,000 academic scholarships to current EHF players at the Bantam Major and Midget levels who have played a minimum of four consecutive seasons in the EHF. Scholarships will be paid directly to the academic institution of the winner’s choice and must be used for traditional accredited educational institutions. The scholarship is a one-time award that can be used at any currently attending or future institution, is able to be deferred, and must be used by the student-athlete’s twenty-first birthday.
To be eligible for an EHF Educational Scholarship, all applicants must have participated in the EHF for a minimum of four (4) continuous years. Applicants must currently be playing in the EHF at the Bantam Major and Midget levels. Players from all division levels are encouraged to apply.
· Leadership on and off the ice
· Commitment to the Team, Program and Community.
· Being a positive role model to classmates and teammates
· Financial need will be a secondary consideration.
· Current member of an EHF program at the Bantam Major or Midget level
All applications must be received by March 1, 2023
Please email completed application to: EHFScholarship@fedhockey.com
Along with the completed application, please submit the following information (incomplete applications will not be considered):
1. Completed application form at www.fedhockey.com/scholarship
2. Application letter stating why you are applying for the scholarship, what your academic goals are and the significance of hockey in your personal development
3. Certified high school transcript showing current grade point average and class rank. The transcript must include an SAT or ACT test score, if available.
4. Two letters of recommendation: One from a recent (within 2 years) EHF youth hockey coach and one from a teacher, school counselor or community leader. Recommendation letters should be sent directly to the scholarship committee at the address noted above.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following academic criteria to be considered for a scholarship award.
1. Minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 grading system
2. Applicant must be considered a student in good standing (not on probation or suspension) at the school they attend
3. Scholarship awards can be deferred until the winner’s 21st birthday if a player does not have use for it the following academic year.
4. Players are only eligible to receive one scholarship award but can apply as often as desired.
Method of Payment
The Awarded scholarship will be sent directly to the awardees learning institution’s financial aid office. The award must be applied toward school expenses. Payment will only be made upon completion of the following:
1. Letter from the student indicating date of enrollment and request for payment
2. A copy of the acceptance letter from the institution that the awardee has chosen to attend.
Notification of award winners will be announced the week of April 3, 2023