EHF Weekend Warm-Up - January 3, 2020
January 3, 2020
Itβs time for another weekend of hockey in the Eastern Hockey Federation.
Here are some things to watch for the weekend of January 3 β 5, 2020
2006 β Bantam Minor
2007 β Pee Wee Major
- Wolverines Hockey vs Bay State Breakers (Jan. 4 β The Bog)
- Wolverines Hockey vs Providence H.C. (Jan. 4 β R.I. Sports Center)
- Wolverines Hockey vs Boston Jr. Terriers (Jan. 5 β Bavis Ice Arena)
- Wolverines Hockey vs Boston Bandits (Jan. 5 β Bridgewater Arena)
In the midst of an impressive first season in the EHF, the Wolverines (9-2-1) currently hold third place in the South Division standings. They look to carry their season-long momentum with them up North, as they embark on a four-game road trip against EHF Elite Division opponents.
2008 β Pee Wee Minor
- P.A.L. Jr. Islanders vs South Shore Kings (Jan. 4 β Foxboro Sports Center)
- P.A.L. Jr. Islanders vs Providence H.C. (Jan. 4β R.I. Sports Center)
- P.A.L. Jr. Islanders vs Connecticut Jr. Huskies (Jan. 5 β Enfield Twin Rinks)
- P.A.L. Jr. Islanders vs Mid-Fairfield Jr. Rangers (Jan. 5 β Chelsea Piers)
The Jr. Islanders (8-0-1) upcoming weekend is one full of rematches, taking on three opponents they faced earlier this season at the 2019 EHF Invitational. Back in October, P.A.L. earned a victories over Providence (11-10-3) and South Shore (6-16-1), while falling to the Connecticut Jr. Huskies (11-11-3).
2006 β Bantam Minor (Black Division)
- Carolina Jr. Hurricanes vs Boston Jr. Eagles (Jan. 4 β Walter Brown Arena)
- Philadelphia H.C. vs Boston Jr. Eagles (Jan. 4β R.I. Sports Center)
- CP Dynamo vs Boston Jr. Eagles (Jan. 5 β Boston Sports Institute)
Maintaining a 17-4-1 record in the Elite Division, the second-place Jr. Eagles have not suffered may setbacks this season. One of their upcoming opponents, CP Dynamo (2-0-0), managed to join the small group of teams that have upset the Jr. Eagles with their victory back at the EHF Invitational.
Philadelphia (3-3-1) will look to get back at the Jr. Eagles after their 5-2 defeat back at the Invitational, while Carolina (Affiliate) will get their first shot at them this season.
2007 β Pee Wee Major (Black Division)
- Palmyra Black Knights vs Manchester Flames (Jan. 4 β West Side Arena)
- Palmyra Black Knights vs Bay State Breakers (Jan. 5 β The Bog)
The Saturday slate for Palmyra contains a pair of games involving teams in the top-half of the β06 Black Division, including a Breakers team (15-10-1) looking to rebound after suffering a pair of critical division losses last weekend.
- CP Dynamo vs Islanders H.C. (East) (Jan. 5 β Skate III)
Their unbeaten streak now at 25 games, IHC East (23-0-2) will prove to be a challenge for their challenger from the South Division.
2008 β Pee Wee Minor (Black Division)
- Carolina Jr. Hurricanes vs Boston Jr. Terriers (W) (Jan. 4β Canton Sportsplex)
- Crolina Jr. Hurricanes vs Islanders H.C. (East) (Jan. 5 βGallant Arena)
With a combined record of 31-13-8, the Jr. Hurricanes (Affiliate) will be seriously tested by the pair of top-four teams in the Black Division. This will be Carolinaβs second opportunity to face both the Islanders (15-5-4) and Jr. Terriers (16-8-4), having faced both of them back at the EHF Invitational in October.